Effective May 8, 2021
St. James Baptist Church remains under biblical guidance and by Phase III guidelines for Religious and Faith-Based Organizations as recommended by the state of Rhode Island. Please note that the CDC, Center for Disease Control, has identified groups at higher risk for severe illness from Covid-19. Those considered high risk include people 65 years and older, as well as people of all ages with underlying medical conditions, particularly if not well controlled, chronic lung disease, serious heart conditions, immunocompromised which include those receiving cancer treatment, smokers, bone marrow or organ transplantation, severe obesity, diabetes, chronic kidney disease/dialysis and people with liver disease. For people in those categories, the live streaming option is strongly recommended.
If you are feeling ill, have symptoms of Covid-19 including high temperature, sore throat, runny nose, loss of the sense of smell or have been exposed to another person in your family or home with Covid-19, please do not attend in person services.
ALL MEMBERS AND FRIENDS ARE ENCOURAGED TO AVAIL THEMSELVES OF A COVID-19 VACCINE TO REDUCE THE RISK OF CONTACTING THE VIRUS AS OUR CHURCH CAPACITY INCREASES.
· Face coverings are required for all persons over the age of 5 while inside the church. The wearing of mask by children between the ages of 2 and 5 is at the parents or guardian’s discretion. Children under the age of 2 are not required to wear masks.
· Members and friends will enter through the upper parking lot ramp entrance only.
· A general health screening will be provided by the health ministry including temperature checks and contact tracing.
· Members and friends are strongly encouraged to arrive 15 minutes before services or events.
· All persons are required to sanitize hands upon entry into the church.
· Seating in accordance with social distancing will be under the direction of the ushers.
· Members of a household will be seated together, 3 feet from another family or individual.
· Offering is collected upon arrival at church.
· There will be limited contact with participating ministry members including the usher ministry.
· Singers will be spaced 14 feet apart.
· Dismissal from the sanctuary will be orderly with respect to social distancing.
Please note, if you arrive for service or an event after safe capacity has been reached you may not be admitted. We apologize in advance. May God continue to Bless our church.