Saint James Baptist Church is currently seeking an independent contractor Musician for 6 to 10 hours per week. The commitment includes Sunday Worship services, holidays, and special events... for more details and instructions on submitting interest in the position, please read below or click on the link to access the file:
St. James Baptist Church is currently seeking an independent contractor Musician.
$200-$300 a week for 6-10/hrs per week
90-day probational period
Mandatory Sunday Worship (2nd, 3rd, 5th)
Holidays and special events
Music is a critical component for the fullness of worship services. The Musician must be a visionary who is creative in leading members and the congregation to God. Playing an instrument like the organ or piano to accompany hymns or singing in a choir. Musician should be able to lead & support the congregation during worship with appropriate musical selections meanwhile setting the atmosphere for worship service. Additionally, the musician should accompany the church choirs for special events at various times of the day. This is an Independent Contract position.
a. Able to work collegially with musicians, artists, and other leaders, and pastorally with a diverse congregation
b. Set the atmosphere with praise and worship
c. Usher the congregation into the presence of God d. to act as a defense team for the word of God
a. Able to articulate a theology of worship that demonstrates a solid grasp of historic principles and contemporary issues in Christian worship.
b. Demonstrate a passion for Christ and his Kingdom through personal spiritual discipline and public ministry.
c. Seek to grow in that relationship with Christ through personal spiritual discipline, education, accountability, and service to his Kingdom.
3. Musical Experience
a. Understands music from a variety of genres and generations, with particular emphasis on traditional and contemporary music (“praise and worship,” contemporary arrangements of traditional hymns)
b. At least 3 years of leadership in public worship, with a commitment of seeking to grow in that area, perhaps through further training
c. Ability to lead choir in worship
d. Ability to maximize time in rehearsals and worship services that create an atmosphere of worship and skilled vocalist
e. Ability to implement uniformity and structure that will cause spiritual growth and display a five-star Music Ministry
f. Vocal coach
1. To coordinate with Pastor in planning, preparing, and playing of music appropriate to each service of worship
2. Oversee and coordinate music resources for all worship services and special events at the church
3. Plan Sunday morning services in consultation with Pastor and music ministry Leaders
4. Supervise volunteer staff/musicians
5. Coordinate with sound and video staff
6. Assist with managing equipment, instruments, and music copyrights
7. To attend appropriate scheduled rehearsals (minimum 2) of all Choirs
8. Act as staff liaison as available for special music events at the church
9. Coordinate in hymn selections with Pastor with hymn selections for the month
10. To attend staff meetings, worship meetings, and special worship planning sessions throughout the year
11. Work with the Pastor to create a well-planned and prayerful worship service as needed
12. To oversee and coordinate all musical aspects of the worship service in consultation with the pastor
Musician is directly accountable to the Pastor or a designee. To apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter and digital link or file (Youtube, vimeo, social media etc.) of your performance to:
St. James Baptist Church
ATTN: Geraldine King (Musician Search Committee)
340 South Main Street | Woonsocket, RI 02895
CONTACT: Church office (401) 766-8633